September 6, 2012 by hattersleysmith
In this glorious month of restless rest I’ve been bubbling over with ideas, cramming every second of every day with crazy projects (much to the despair of Mummy Smith who complains of the “piles of mess in every bloody room”… it’s not ‘mess’ I inform her, it’s ‘creativity’). I think I have a chronic can’t-sit-still bug which often borders on ridiculous. I even find it difficult to watch TV if I’m not doing my cross stitch or cutting interesting pictures and words from magazines. Odd.
Anyhows, today’s project was to finish off my Bramble (Brambly) Jelly to make the one and half hours of picking blackberries and the deep scratches and splintered thorns still etched and pinned all over my right hand ‘totally vurth’.
Here’s the storyboard…
After 24 long hours later, with my beautifully deep purple brambly jelly finally snuggled into the jars, I’ve learnt a few lessons;
1) Brambly Jelly takes a long long time.
2) 1.3 kilos of blackberries does not make a lot of juice.
3) Do not pick up sterilised jars with your bare hands. They are VERY HOT.
4) I might go into label design… smug.
5) I like Brambly Jelly. Lots. I cannot WAIT to nom it on scones as Autumn creeps up on us. 4pm is scone-o’clock.
The finished product. Christmas sorted.